søndag den 24. august 2008

An angel in front of each of my doors

I once heard a story, a true story. I’m not sure I remember the details right but it is an amazing story about God’s power and love for us. A Christian Chinese woman was living in her small house up in the mountains I think. The fact that she was a Christian was not well looked upon, so the men in her town decided to go up to her house one night and kill her. (As I recall). She was scared and begged God to protect her. The fallowing day, when nothing had happened, she went down town. In the town many people asked her who she had guarding her house. She was a poor woman, so she wouldn’t be able to afford any guards. The woman had no idea what the people in her town were talking about. It turned out that what the men had seen, was the woman’s house surrounded by angels with swords. They were all glowing and the men returned to their homes in fear. This woman had no idea how God was going to protect her. It is funny how God sometimes have a solution that we could never come up with ourselves.

I can be quite paranoid sometimes and whenever my boyfriend is at work, so I have to sleep alone, I am very scared that someone will break into our apartment. This story inspired me, so I asked God if he would put an angel in front of each of my doors to protect me during the night. Tonight I had the first night alone without nightmares and without laying awake for hours before being able to fall asleep. Of course you can question whether or not God really put angels in front of my doors. I can’t tell whether or not he did, though I am absolutely sure that he is able to. But what I do know is that he gave me the peace of mind that I needed to have a good night sleep.
I love the idea of God sending a worrier angel to protect me and I really want a tattoo of a warrior angel. I found this picture of an angel (not the girl underneath it – uuh which by the way is Jeanne d’arc). I wanted this tattoo beneath my right breast but the tattoo artist said that it would have to be really big if I wanted all the details. Such a shame, so I am now looking for a perhaps simpler drawing or picture. If you have one laying around or know where I might be able to find one, please leave a comment :) Thanks

Ingen kommentarer: